Use this page to renew an existing Early-career Researcher (ECR) membership. ECRs (students and post-docs/degree up to three years post degree or PhD) qualify for a reduced rate member and subscription to IBIS and other benefits. The Ordinary Member rate is from £40 and the ECR rate is from £15.
Those paying by Direct Debit payment receive a discount of £5. Your membership will automatically renew each year on the anniversary of this initial payment.
Direct Debit instructions click here
Please read these carefully. This opens a new window which you can keep open to refer to whilst setting up your Direct Debit instruction in this window.
IMPORTANT NOTE: when you ‘proceed to payment’ please select ‘Direct Debit’ payment option at foot of page.
- Access to IBIS online*
- IBIS online includes all issues back to 1859!
- Exclusive access to cheapest ECR rates to BOU conferences†
- Exclusive access to reduced rates to selected third party conferences†
- Exclusive access to BOU Career Development Bursaries
- Access (with other BOU members) to BOU Small Ornithological Grant scheme
- Exclusive access to the BOU student community via our student reps
- Exclusive access to the BOU ECR Facebook community page
- Discount on selected BOU books
- Discount on selected Wiley books
*print subscription no longer available
† Existing ECR members (i.e. those who joined before 1 November the year before an event) enjoy the cheapest rates for our conferences.