ECR member rates
£15 pa – Direct Debit see here
£15 pa – Recurring credit card payment see here
£20 pa – Single credit card payment (this page)
Use this page to join the BOU as an Early-career Researcher (ECR) member.
ECRs (students and post-docs/degree up to three years post degree or PhD) qualify for a reduced rate member and subscription to IBIS and other benefits. The Ordinary Member rate is from £40 and the ECR rate is from £15.
Those paying by recurring credit card payment receive a discount of £5 see here
- Access to IBIS online*
- IBIS online includes all issues back to 1859!
- Exclusive access to reduced rates to BOU conferences†
- Exclusive access to reduced rates to EOU conferences†
- Exclusive access to BOU Career Development Bursaries
- Access (with other BOU members) to BOU Small Ornithological Grant scheme
- Exclusive access to the BOU student community via our student reps
- Exclusive access to the BOU ECR Facebook community page
- Discount on selected BOU books
- Discount on selected Wiley books
Only ECR members will receive the above benefits, so if you want to attend a BOU conference at a discounted rate or apply for a Career Development Bursary, you must join here first (and be a member at the time of any applications – see other conditions marked † below about qualifying for conference places).
- *print subscription no longer available
- † Existing ECR members enjoy the cheapest rates for our conferences.