Find Steve on Twitter @stevedudley_
I’ve worked in and around ornithology, and in particular science communication, since 1985. I started life as an RSPB reserves engagement officer before moving to the BTO (membership development officer) and then, in 1997, appointed as the BOU’s
senior staff member.
My role is very varied and I’m involved at some level with the delivery of everything the BOU does. My main work areas are:
- Day to day management and running of the BOU
- Delivering BOU conferences and events
- Running the business side of the BOU’s journal, IBIS
- Running the BOU’s social media and communications
- BOU website development and content management
- Servicing BOU Council and its five Standing Committees
Tweeting birds: online mentions predict future citations in ornithology
Tom Finch, Nina O’Hanlon & Steve Dudley.
2017. Royal Society Open Science DOI: 10.1098/rsos.171371 View
A birdwatching guide to Lesvos. 2010. Steve Dudley. Arlequin Press, Shrewsbury, UK View
Watching British Dragonflies. 2007. Steve Dudley, Caroline Dudley & Andrew Mackay. Arlequin Press, Shrewsbury, UK View
Rare Birds Day by Day. 1997. Steve Dudley, Tim Benton, Paul Fraser & John Ryan. T & AD Poyser, London, UK View
#TheTweetingBird: its rise relevance and impact in #ornithology
Steve Dudley, Tom Finch & Nina O’Hanlon.
2018. Presented at IOCongress2018 (Vancouver, Canada) View