Submit and subscribe to IBIS!
- Publishing papers at the cutting edge of ornithology
- No page charges
- Rapid publication after acceptance
- Authors receive our 5* promotion of their paper = higher altmetrics
- 160 years of IBIS papers online
- More details . . .
Join the BOU and support #ornithology
By supporting the BOU you support global ornithology.
More details . . .
Changes to the British List
Most recent announcements: More details . . .
- White-Rumped Swift admitted to Category A of the List
- Richardson’s Cackling Goose admitted to Category A of the List
- Falcated Duck admitted to Category A of the List
- halimodendri Lesser Whitethroat admitted to the List
- Dalmatian Pelican admitted to Category A of the List
- NEW | IBIS ‘160 Years’Legacy Collection . . . Details . . .
- NEW | Nominations open for our scicomm awards . . . Details . . .
- NEW | 2020 grant and bursaries applications open . . . Details . . .
- Find us on Weibo! 英国鸟类学会会刊 Details . . .
- #TheTweetingBird | Social media can benefit your research Details . . .
- Read our latest e-newsletter Details . . .
Latest posts from our blog
A predation risk experiment
What makes prey an easy snack for predators?
IBIS | journal of avian science
Conferences & meetings
7 - 9 Apr 2020
Next BOU Conference
Restoring bird populations: scaling from species to ecosystems | #BOU2020
Join the BOU – today!
- Ordinary membership
- Students & early-career researchers
- Resident in a developing country
- Meet some of our members
- The BOU: who we are, what we do
Member benefits include:
- online access to IBIS
- over 160 years of papers
- reduced rates for BOU conferences
- exclusive access to grants and bursaries
- exclusive access to conference travel grants
- discounts on Wiley books