£10 annual subscription for early-career researchers
You will be asked for proof of student status and/or date of your degree or PhD (post-degree and post-doc applicants will be requested to provide an abstract for BRANTA – see here). The BOU Office will email you on receipt of your application
What do you get for your tenner?
- Access to IBIS online* – all issues back to 1859!
- Exclusive access to reduced rates to BOU conferences†
- Exclusive access to reduced rates to EOU conferences†
- Exclusive access to BOU Career Development Bursaries
- Access (with other BOU members) to BOU Small Ornithological Grant scheme
- Exclusive access to the BOU student community via our student reps
- Exclusive access to the BOU ECR Facebook community page
- Discount on selected BOU books
- 35% discount on selected Wiley books
Only ECR members will receive the above benefits, so if you want to attend a BOU conference at a discounted rate or apply for a Career Development Bursary, you must join here first (and be a member at the time of any applications – see other conditions marked † below about qualifying for conference places).
All subscriptions are for the current calendar year. However, From 1 November we will provide the option to join for the following year so you can go ahead and sign up now.
When you select ‘Join now’ the transaction will continue on the BOU’s secure pages hosted by Mal’s E-commerce Limited at ww8.aitsafe.com.
- *no print subscription to IBIS is available for reduced-rate subscribers. This offer applies to electronic online access to IBIS only
- † Conference places are for existing members only, you cannot join at the time of applying for a reduced price ECR conference place. For BOU 2016 conferences you must have been a member in 2015 and for 2017 BOU and EOU conferences, you must have been a member in 2016, and so on. Conference places are limited and any places remaining after the BOU ECR deadline will be offered to non-BOU ECRs but at a higher rate (ensuring existing BOU ECRs receive the best rates